Thursday, October 23, 2008

Short Update

Elias is continuing to do fine after the G-tube incident yesterday. He still a little tender and can cause him some minor pain, but all in all is well. Katharine is in Texas for work the next two and a half days leaving me to Elias all by my lonesome. It is a challenge, but hopefully I am up to accomplishing. So far Elias has been great. I think he might feel sorry for his daddy. This is the first time I have ever taken care of a baby. I had not even held one until Elias. So the thought of me caring for Elias and all his special needs is absolutely amazing. I am admittedly nervous particularly about being alone with him for such a long time and still a little uncomfortable with the still evolving routine, but I think this will help me care for Elias more comfortably in the future. We have an assessment with Infants & toddlers at the house in a few minutes for his in home PT/OT so I better run and get Elias changed and ready. Wish me luck on the rest of the time mommy is gone!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's absolutely adorable that Elias is the first baby you've ever held, cared for, changed a g-tube for, etc... Clearly you were just saving yourself for Elias. I have no doubt you will do just fine. I'm more worried about how much Katharine will miss Elias. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Superdad!!!

    My poor husband was too freaked out to even change a diaper on his own and would call in for help when I was gone once a week for classes.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts or questions

We appreciate you reading and following Elias' journey.