We got the confirmation late this evening that Elias is on the schedule for the Nissen surgery on Wednesday. They were unable to give us a time, but that is typical. It will more than likely be in the afternoon sometime. So please keep your thoughts and prayers for a safe and successful procedure.
Over the weekend Elias has been doing pretty well. He is holding stable and has not had any respiratory flare ups. I have been out of commission the last few days battling a strong cold that worked it's way into my chest. I will be able to go back safely to the hospital tomorrow morning, thankfully. I have missed Elias so much. Thankfully, we were at a point were he was just there at the hospital being observed and awaiting a decision for surgery. No changes were needed to be discussed or care plans changed, so it was relatively good timing. If all goes well Elias should be home in about a week to ten days.