Thursday, November 17, 2011

IVIG denial

Elias' IVIG has been denied by the insurance. There was to be a peer to peer review call today between 1-2 but the insurance company never contacted his doctor. We are waiting to hear if things will work out as he is scheduled for treatment in the morning. His levels have dropped drastically again so this is extremely necessary and important.

The last time a dose was skipped was in July as they were hoping to space his treatments out. Elias was hospitalized with his seizure & suspected viral meningitis. His IGG levels also tanked to the 320's. Coincidence? More than likely, but no one wants to take that chance.

Please Pray for a favorable resolution. We are confident the medical team has more than enough data to support the justification of these treatments. Hopefully this will be enough to provide the insurance the medical necessity needed for reversal of the denial. We have been fortunate to have not had this issue up until now. The treatment is too expensive to afford out of pocket -the medicine alone is $1500-$2000 a dose. Then again there isn't much we can afford these days, let alone ultra-expensive infusions. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for this.
Sent via BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry guys I will be keeping you in my thoughts tonight in hopes for everything to turn out. You guys could really use the break.


Share your thoughts or questions

We appreciate you reading and following Elias' journey.