Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sadly Another Child Has Earned Her Wings

Katharine and I took shifts tonight watching over Elias because we did not have a nurse for tonight. Since Elias has been sleeping, thankfully, I took the opportunity to catch up on some blog reading and emails. I was very saddened to learn tonight that another child, Isabel has passed away. She had VACTERL and suffered heart complication. It is a sad reminder, as we always feel when someone in our community of children with medical needs passes, that life is precious and you can not take anything for granted. Our heart goes out to Isabel's parents and family for their significant loss.

It is so sad that everything these children champion and overcome they have to leave so early. While there is no more suffering and beautiful memories left behind, I still find myself asking, why children? I suppose it is the way they fight so hard, still have that amazing personality and huge smile. It reminds us of the simple things that are really important, but why does it take their suffering to see that? I read a quote today and it is possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever read. I found it to be very true as well.

"An Angel wrote my baby's name in the book of life, then closed the book and said, too beautiful for Earth."

                                             - unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts or questions

We appreciate you reading and following Elias' journey.