Thursday, May 14, 2009

Going to the Doctor

This morning Elias is still looking a little pale and sickly. Last night about 8pm Elias’ temperature had risen to 99.5, in theory & practice auxiliary (under arm) temperatures are 1 degree lower. This meant his temperature was actually 100.5. Elias RARELY has elevated temperatures. In fact his entire life that we recall he has only had 3 or 4, one of which was when he developed the MRSA blood infection. We rechecked his temperature again about 1/2 hour later. Elias had beads of sweat on his forehead and the thermometer read 97.9 appearing as though he broke his fever. We checked it again after an hour, it was holding about the same. So we decided to have the nurse check him at several hour intervals through the night and to wake us if he spiked a fever again. We were hoping to make it to the morning, which we did. Elias though still does not appear to be showing any improvement so off to the doctor we will go. Hopefully, his pediatrician will be able to handle whatever the issue is without ordering a culture from the trach, for that will mean a trip to the ER since none of the labs around here (based on last months experience) seem to be able to handle this request. HAPPY THOUGHTS, HAPPY THOUGHTS!

We will let you know what is going on as soon as we do! Also please continue to pray and send positive thoughts for several brave children that are each fighting different but serious issues, including a few grave and critical. Last night we had a post about one little boy with FA who had a bone marrow transplant recently that is fighting to stay alive.  If you have not read that update please make sure you do and add them to your prayer request list as well as several others that we know struggling. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts or questions

We appreciate you reading and following Elias' journey.